All of us want to make our Diwali celebrations special by serving festive meals and sweets for our guests. It may be for Lunch or dinner, We keep thinking of what different to experiment on food items this Diwali, yet make it a healthy celebration. Even though, sweet dishes comes along some additional calories on the table, one can make it more special with addition of Dry fruits and Nuts. Here are some easy to make Dry fruits and Nut based Sweet Dishes this Diwali. Shop online dry fruits store and you may find your best suits for making your delicacies tastier and healthier. Try out these 3 sweet delicacies during the 3 auspicious days of Diwali. Start your preparations now
Very famous as Kaju Katli, this is a common sweet in almost all Diwali sweet boxes. Making it at home and serving your guests may add on to the Diwali enthusiasm and fun
- HungerPangz Cashew Split 2 cups
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp Ghee
- Pinch of Cardamom Powder
- One may save on the cost by opting for Cashew Split 2pc online instead of Whole cashews.
- Start with powdering 2 cups of split cashews in mixer. Ensure both the mixer jar and cashews should be moisture free. Make it a course powder and ensure no lumps or any kind of particles.
- Now make a sugar syrup in a kadai using 1 cup sugar and ½ cup water. Stir well until thick sticky consistency
- Add the powdered cashew and mix it quite well.
- Mix until a smooth paste and then add some ghee and cardamom powder. Continue to cook until smooth paste and the mixture separates from Kadai. Donot overcook or burn the mixture. The consistency needs to be kept in mind
- Off the flame and now grease the butter paper. Transfer the mixture. Now fold using a spatula until the mixture thickens forming a dough.
- Nnce the dough is formed, knead slightly, to form a soft dough.
- Roll to 1/4cm / 1/8" thickness.
- Now roll the silver leaf and you may make it exciting by adding some small cut pieces of pistachios on top. Once garnished, cut it into diamonds and your special kaju katli topped with pistachios is now ready.
2.Sooji Halwa :
An instant and quick sweet delicacy known with different names in different parts of the country. In south one may call it kesari baath or sheera. This Diwali one can make it special by adding Cashews, Raisins, Watermelon seeds.
- Sooji/ Rava 1 cup
- 1 cup water
- ½ Cup Sugar
- HungerPangz Split Cashews 1/4cup
- Golden raisins online 1 tbsp
- Orange coloring agent/ Safron(Optional)
- Watermelon seeds online 1tbsp
- Take a kadai add some ghee and Dry roast the cashews, Raisins and Watermelon seeds. Remove it and keep it aside.
- In the same pan add some Sooji and roast it for 2 mins . Keep water for boiling on another flame.
- Add the boiling water and keep stiring so that no lumps are formed. One may add the orange color essence or safron if available.
- Once the sooji has come to consistency of halwa, one may add the dry fruits and seeds. Shop for HungerPangz best dry fruits online and you will find your choice of nuts, Dry fruits at reasonable cost as per online standards.
Combined with Vanila icecream or a gulab jamun, this is a favourite home- made sweet in many households and also very quick and easy to make. Make a little different this time, with touch of Pumpkin seeds and Grated almonds. Shop for Super healthy, Super nutritious Almonds online for best price.
- Grated Carrots- 1 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- ½ cup Sugar
- Grated almonds
- ¼ cup Pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup Cardamom Powder
- Take a nonstick kadai, add some ghee and add the grated coconut. Fry it for 5 mins thoroughly and add sugar.
Next step is addition of milk. Let the carrot cook for some time till the milk evaporates. Finally add the Grated Almonds and Pumpkin seeds and combine the halwa. A pinch of cardamom can leave a long lasting aroma.