1.Rich Pumpkin Soup topped with Richest Coconut Cashew Cream:
Pumpkin comes under the category of healthiest vegetables. Besides being rich in Vitamins, minerals and nutrients, it is also made up of 90% water and contains very less calories. After a long hours of fasting, Ramadan Dinner feast can kick start with a healthy Pumpkin soup topped up with rich Cashew Cream.
- 1 Cup peeled Pumpkin, cut into small chunks
- 1 small Onion, 3-4 cloves of garlic
- Broth, Water in which Pumpkin was boiled
- 1 Cup cashew
- Coconut milk
- Cook peeled pumpkin, Onion, Garlic, broth/stock and Water in a pot;
- Boil rapidly for 15 minutes until pumpkin is very tender
- Use a stick blender or transfer to blender to blitz smooth. Ensure you use the same water or broth in which the pumpkins were boiled.
- Add Salt as per the taste and Pepper for that spice.
- Blend the cashew in a jar with small amount of coconut milk to make a thick cream.
- Finally add the cashew cream on top and serve this rich and nourishing soup
2.Ramadan Special Nawabi Kebabs:
Here is a twist to your regular kebabs. Decide on the base of your choice. One can either go for vegies of their choice, or mashed potatoes, or mashed peas, or minced meat, or paneer. Now what adds a twist here is adding 3 spoons of Mixed dry fruits powder to make it extra nutritious.
- Paneer/Vegies/Minced Meet(Your choice)
- Coriander leaves
- Green Chillies
- Dry fruit Powder
- Garam masala
- All purpose flour
- Ginger garlic powder
- Bread crumbs
- A pinch of turmerice
- Red chilli powder
- Take 25gs of almonds, pistachios, cashews, peanuts, dry dates and make it into a finer powder.
- Mix the base ingredient of your choice with 3 tbsp of mixed dry fruits powder, green chilies, finely chopped coriander, turmeric, chilly powder,ginger garlic paste, salt, half lemon along with all purpose floor.
- Finally use your hands and make round cutlet like shape and roll in bread crumbz. One can either shallow fry it or cook it in low flame in the pan. Serve it with some mint chutney and see the response.
3.Rottis along with Mixed Veg Nutty Khorma
Post a nice starter like Kebab, one can serve some basic rottis with nice Khorma filled with goodness of colorful vegetables along with almonds, cashews and raisins. Check out the recipe below
- 3 long Kashmiri chillies
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 2 green Chilies
- 1 bowl of grated coconut
- 4-5 cloves of Garlic
- 1piece Ginger
- 1tsp Cumin seeds
- 2-6 Cloves
- 1-2 Cardamom
- Bay Leaves
- 2 large Onions
- Vegetables of your choice
- Fresh Cream
- Take a blender and add 3 red chilies, 2 spoons of Coriander seeds, ½ tbsp. cumin seeds, small 2 green chillies, grated coconut, 1 cup of mixed cashews and Almonds, 4-5 cloves of Garlic and 1 small piece of ginger. Blend it well and keep it aside.
- Take a kadai and add 2 large tbsp of ghee, 1 tbsp cumin seeds, 2-6cloves, 1-2 cardamom, bay leaves and 2 large finely chopped onion. Sauté it till it turns mild brownish in color.
- Then add 1 large finely chopped tomato and then add your choice of mixed vegetables. One can add beans, carrot, potato, paneer, peas and cook till the vegetables are completely boiled.
- Then add the blended masala and add salt. Get the Khorma to the desired consistency and finally add some cashews, soaked and pealed almonds and some Indian raisins.
- Garnish the khorma with finely chopped coriander leaves and spread a spoon of fresh cream as a final step and serve it along with rottis.
4.Ramadan Special Cashew Ghee Rice:
Make your otherwise Ghee rice much more vibrant and rich by topping it up with loads of Cashews. This will not just add flavor to the Ghee rice but also enhance the taste of your Ghee rice
- Split Cashews 1cup
- Basmati Rice 2 cup
- Clove 2-3
- Cardamom 1-2
- Cinammon 1-2 pieces
- Jeera- 1 tbsp
- Pepper corns 5-6
- Bay leaf 1 or 2 leaves
- Onions 1 large
- Ghee 5-6 tbsp
- Kasoori methi A pinch
- Take a Cooker. Add Ghee and all the garam masala like Jeera, Pepper corns, Clove, Cinammon, Bay leaf and stir it. Add one largely chopped onion and stir till golden brown.
- Take a separate pan and fry the cashew pieces in ghee until golden brown and set it aside
- Add 2 cups of Basmathi rice and 4cups of water, a pinch of kasoori methi
- Finally add the salt and -5 tbsp of ghee and close the lid until one whistle
- Open the lid post 20 mins, pour the ghee rice into a serving bowl and add the fried cashews in it and mix it well. Rest assured this will be steal the limelight at the dinner table
5.Ramadan Special Dates Kheer:
Dates are the go to food item during the season of Ramadan. Now make your Ramadan food table very special and super healthy by serving a bowl of Special Dates Kheer. Kheer is a traditional sweet dish which is very tasty and rich .For this you can choose any dates of your choice. One can go for Hungerpangz Special Seedless Arabian Dates or premium Medjool or Ajwa khajoor. If one wishes more sweet and mushy dates one can even choose HungerPangz Kimia Dates or Irani dates. The choice is completely yours. Check out the quick description of the recipe below:
- 4tbsp Ghee
- Split cashews
- 500ml milk
- Chopped Dates
- Sliced pistachios, almonds
- Cardamom powder
- 1sp black raisins
- Take a deep pan and pour 3 tbsp of ghee. Take a small cup of split cashews and fry them until golden brown.
- Once it is fried to medium golden brown, then set it aside and put 100gs of seedless Arabian dates into the same ghee and mush it for sometime. Add a cup of water and make a thick paste of the same. Once it is completely mushy add 500ml of milk and stir well
- For sweetness one can either choose to add jaggery or sugar. Also add a pinch of salt.
- Keep stiring the kheer until right consistency and then add chopped Dates and pinch of Cardamom powder .
- Finally off the flame and garnish with sliced almonds, Pistachios and pinch of saffron and Black Raisins
Dry fruits loaded Icecream:
All of us love desserts at the end of a meal and most of times Desserts needs special time and attention to make. Here is a simple recipe which you can try for your otherwise easily avalaible ice-cream.
- Almonds sliced 1 cup
- Pistachios Sliced 1 cup
- Black Raisins
- Afghan Raisins
- Indian Raisins
- Walnuts diced
- Seedless Dates 1 cup
- Mix the finely sliced nuts and raisins in a bowl and keep it aside. Now take a cup of dates and blend it in a jar to make a puree out of it.
- Take a serving icecream bowl. Add the finely sliced nuts and raisins into it say about 3 tbsps. Add 1 large scoop of Vanilla icecream and finally top it up with a spoon of Dates Puree. Serve this lovely dessert and enjoy the season of Ramadan with your family
Ensure you stack up your kitchen store room with lots and variety of Dry fruits and Nuts this Ramadan. Choose HungerPangz for online shopping of Dry fruits and Nuts in Bangalore city and Pan India. They deliver freshness and quality premium dry fruits and nuts in sealed airtight jars. This goodness is delivered at your doorsteps and you will not regret the choice.