Dry Fruit Plum Cake this Christmas
Christmas, the part of the year where people all around the globe put up an atmosphere of Celebration. Decorative lights, Christmas trees, good food, Wine and forget not that sumptuous, mouthwatering Dry fruit Plum Christmas Cake. The tradition of baking goes back to centuries where it speaks about Cake mixing, a time of the year where in arrival of harvest in the form of new grain, dry fruits, spices etc. was celebrated. Preparations were done much in advance by soaking the nuts and dried fruits in liquor for some time. This gives a bitter kind of taste for the rich plum cake.
Initially it was oats-plum porridge which eventually got replaced by Plum cake for Christmas. Oats got replaced by floor and the plum is now substituted to large variety of Dry fruits and nuts online. These dried dense energy bites will keep you full. They are healthiest and tastiest ingredients which will make the Cake rich and yummy.
General conception is Christmas plum cakes are fattening! But during Christmas, definitely it is irresistible. Make it more interesting by adding a lot of Nuts, Dry fruits, healthy seeds and see the Difference!
These are easily and readily available ingredients in Online Dry fruits store. You ask it, you shall find it with HungerPangz
Below is a small note on the Dry fruit Plum Christmas Cake recipe you must try for Plum cake this Christmas. Make it extra special this year by adding extra healthy and nutritious dry fruits for plum cake recipe
- 1 + ½ cup maida
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- A pinch of ginger, clove
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup yogurt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup brown sugar or regular sugar
- ⅓ cup orange juice and 1sp lemon juice
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 cup tuttifrutti
- ¼ cup raisins, Dry apricots, Figs, dates
- ⅛ cup dried cranberries, Blueberries, prunes
- ¼ cup almonds, Walnuts, Cashews, Pistachios, Pumpkin seeds, Watermelon Seeds
- Whole almonds 4 -5 for garnishing
- In a saucepan, take orange juice, lemon juice and water. Add mix of dried fruits like tuttifrutti, raisins, dried apricots, figs and dates, dried cranberries, blueberries and prunes to the juice mix and cook till the mixture thickens and the dry fruits is soaked with all the juice completely. Keep it aside
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 degree C
- In a bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, the spices powder. Whisk together brown sugar and oil in a separate bowl until pale and well combined. Now add the yogurt to the oil and sugar mixture and mix well. Add the vanilla extract.
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients and mix until everything is well combined and there are no large flour pockets in the batter. Do not overdo this step
- Keep aside some portion of the soaked dry fruits aside and fold in the rest of Plum cake Dry fruits like chopped walnuts, pistachios, quality clean seeds, cashews in the batter and transfer the batter to the prepared cake pan.
Bake at 160C for 50-55 minutes or only until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Garnish and present with the leftover soaked fruits, whole almonds and your Indian Christmas Plum cake is ready to be served!